Schedule Your Consultation Today!Book Now
Sensitive Tooth Pain
Tooth sensitivity occurs when the tooth enamel (the outer layer of the tooth) erodes or wears down, exposing the underlying dentin and making it especially sensitive to a wide range of sensations. As a result, the person suffering from sensitive tooth pain can find it difficult to eat or drink anything hot, cold or acidic, including coffee, ice cream and soda. What’s worse, the pain might not respond to over-the-counter medications, leaving the sufferer in constant agony.
Many factors can cause sensitive tooth pain, including:
- Recessed gums as a result of age, gum disease or poor dental hygiene
- Frequently drinking soda and other acidic beverages
- A chipped or broken tooth resulting from an injury
- Over-brushing or using an overly abrasive toothbrush
Suffering from sensitive teeth can make it especially difficult to go to the dentist, as some dental procedures may be especially uncomfortable. When searching for a sensitive tooth dentist,Irving residents can turn to Las Colinas Dental Group for a delicate approach to dental care, the procedures needed to improve tooth sensitivity as well as advice on managing sensitive teeth pain.
Put an End to Sensitive Tooth Pain
If you’re tired of the pain and discomfort that comes from sensitive teeth, visit Las Colinas Dental Group for the proper care and guidance.
Here’s what you can expect when you visit our Irving office:
- The dentist will perform an initial exam to look for possible causes of your tooth sensitivity.
- After identifying the issue, the dentist will perform the appropriate procedures to ease the pain. For example, if the sensitive tooth pain is caused by a cracked or broken tooth, the dentist will begin the process of adding a dental crown or performing a root canal. For receding gums, the dentist will apply a sealant.
- For regular procedures, such as teeth cleanings, a special paste will be applied on your teeth to help prevent sensitivity.
- The dentist will prescribe Fluoridex, the prescription toothpaste we recommend for anyone suffering from sensitive tooth pain.
- Once the procedures are done, the dentist will talk about the steps you can take to prevent further complications from tooth sensitivity, including good oral hygiene, proper regular brushing and flossing, and eliminating acidic foods from your diet.
While there’s no professional title for a sensitive teeth dentist, the dentist at our Irving office can effectively manage your tooth sensitivity issues. Instead of living with sensitive tooth pain, take care of the problem with help from Las Colinas Dental Group.
Questions / concerns?
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your oral health, we are more than happy to sit down with you and discuss how you can achieve a beautiful, healthy smile.Contact our team